2020 has been a challenging year for everybody. Working at home through lockdown has suited some people, but others have found it isolating and challenging. With this in mind, the directors at McPhersons are offering their staff access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). In a nutshell, this is a confidential employee benefit designed to help staff deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting their home or work life, health or general wellbeing.
Services available include:
- Life support: Access to counselling for emotional problems and a pathway to structured therapy sessions
- Legal information: For issues that cause anxiety or distress including debt management, consumer, property or neighbour disputes
- Bereavement support: Qualified and experienced counsellors who can help with grief plus legal advisors to help with related legal matters.
- Medical information: Qualified nurses are on hand to offer support on a range of medical or health-related issues offering practical information and advice.
- Online CBT: We recognise the value of self-help tools in dealing with a range of issues, which is why we have a range of CBT self-help modules, informative fact sheets and invaluable advice videos from leading qualified counsellors.
Says Peter Watters, director at McPhersons;
“Being the director responsible for human resources, I felt that this was an important area to consider. Our staff have worked extremely hard through the pandemic, often under very stressful circumtances. This EAP programme will offer them further support now and in the future.”